1 tsp corn starch
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
An assortment of seasonal vegetables
1 tbsp grapeseed or peanut oil (avoid using olive oil because it has a low smoke point)
leftover sliced chicken, steak or tofu (optional)
1 cup cooked rice or noodles
*Suggested vegetables: peppers, bok choy, broccoli, snow peas, green beans, cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, celery, bean sprouts, onion, zucchini, okra
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat
- If using meat or tofu, add to pan, cook until heated through and remove. Set aside.
- Add onions followed by garlic and ginger, stirring constantly for 1 minute
- Add vegetables based on duration of cooking needed (example: onions, carrots, beans, peppers, zucchini, bok choy and snow peas). Stir constantly while added vegetables.
*if vegetables begin to brown too much, reduce your heat or safely remove the pan from the heat
5. When vegetables are soft (not squishy), create a ‘well’ in the middle by pushing vegetables to the sides
6. Stir soy sauce into cornstarch BEFORE adding to pan.
7. Add mixture to ‘well’ in frying pan, stirring to thicken.
8. Mix vegetables and sauce together.
9. If using meat or tofu, add back to pan.
10. Turn off heat and serve over rice or noodles.