- 2 lb. asparagus, washed well and shaved with a vegetable peeler.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ cup toasted nuts (pine nuts, sliced almonds, walnuts etc.)
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan or Pecorino Romano
- ¼ cup slivered basil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: 2-3 cups cooked cannellini beans
- Shave the asparagus from the stem end to the tip. Save the ends for other recipes
- Add the other ingredients and toss well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- If not serving immediately, wait to add the basil until just before serving.
- This salad can be made ahead and held in the refrigerator for several hours.