- ½ cup cold butter, cut in ¼ inch cubes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- About 20 purple plums, washed, pitted and quartered.
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup raw or white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Place dry ingredients in food processor and pulse to mix.
- Add cubed butter and pulse until butter is finely chopped and evenly distributed. (If you don’t have a food processor, rub the butter into the flour mixture with your fingers or a pastry blender)
- Press the mixture into a 10” pie plate, cover with parchment. Fill the plate with pie weights (You can use beans or rice for this. Just keep them in a dry, airtight container for re-using)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Remove the dish, lift out the pie weights carefully, using the parchment and return the plate to the oven for another 10- 15 minutes until the crust is light golden brown.
- Heat the apricot preserves in the microwave until it melts. Cool it slightly and mix with quartered plums.
- Arrange plums in crust, beginning at the outside.
- Whisk cheese mixture well and pour carefully over the plums.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 40 minutes or just until the filling is set.