- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt / herbs and/or spices i.e. cumin, coriander, cinnamon, thyme, rosemary, but NOT all of them!
- In a heavy bottomed non-reactive saucepan, gently boil syrup to reduce to about ½.
- Stir in nuts and whatever spices and/or herbs you prefer.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with a little butter or oil.
- Spread nuts on baking sheet and bake in a 300 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until coating on the nuts is crispy and nuts are browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with kosher salt. Allow to cool.
- Store in air-tight container.