- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. dried lavender flowers (this gives a very mild lavender flavour, if you would like it to be stronger, add more lavender, but do not steep longer)
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- 1 bottle (750 mL) club soda
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Lavender sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil, lower the heat, add the sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove pot from heat, stir in dried lavender. Let steep for five minutes, no longer or it will become bitter. Strain out lavender. Stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make lemonade: Scoop ice cubes into a large pitcher, pour in lemon syrup, and the bottle of club soda. Stir to combine. Serve garnished with lavender sprigs if desired.