Kohlrabi and Apple Salad with Lime Dressing
- 3 medium kohlrabis, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and julienned
- 2 green chilies (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sprinkling of fresh herbs (mint, coriander, basil)
- Juice of 2 limes,
- 1 tsp. lime zest (a bit more if you like)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ cup light oil (grapeseed, avocado)
- 2 tbsp. sour cream or crème fraiche
- Peel kohlrabis, being sure to remove all of the thick outer skin.
- Cut into four sections and thinly slice each one crossways. You can use a mandolin.
- Core the apples, slice thinly in one direction, then in the other to make a fine julienne. Sprinkle immediately with a bit of the lime juice to prevent oxidation.
- Slice the chilies thinly after removing seeds and membranes.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar or small bowl and shake or mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust to your own taste.
- Pour a little over salad, just enough to lightly dress the salad.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and herbs and a light sprinkle of sesame seeds, if desired.
- There will be enough dressing for several salads. It is excellent for coleslaw or beet and apple slaw, etc.