- Choose fresh little new potatoes, scrub them well, and dry them.
- Lay out a sheet of heavy-duty foil or a double layer of thinner foil.
- Spread about 1 tbsp. of butter on the foil.
- Leave the smaller ones whole, cut the larger ones in half or four so they are all roughly the same size.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil.
- Place sprigs of woody herbs, such as thyme or rosemary, and if you like garlic scatter some slices over the potatoes. Wrap tightly and roast in a 400 degree oven or on the barbeque (not
over direct heat) for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- When they are done, place them in a bowl and sprinkle with parsley, chives, etc.