- 3 egg yolks
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup salted butter, melted and hot pinch of paprika and/or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat butter in a small saucepan until it foams and the foam subsides.
- Turn off the heat.
- In jar of blender, combine egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice and hot sauce.
- Blend briefly, and with blender running, slowly drizzle the hot butter in a steady stream.
- Blend until thickened, about 10 seconds.
- If sauce is too thick, thin with a bit of hot water, 1 tsp. at a time.