Curried Cauliflower with Chickpeas and Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh or frozen ginger
- 1 small can diced tomatoes (14 oz.) or 2-3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cups (2 large cans) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in large, heavy-bottomed pot and add onion, ginger and curry powder.
- Cook and stir until the onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and beginning to break down.
- Add remaining ingredients, a sprinkle of kosher salt and stir everything together.
- Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender-crisp.
- Uncover and continue cooking until the sauce is thick and gravy-like. Adjust the salt to your taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs and enjoy.