- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda
- Add alternately with buttermilk
- Scoop batter into prepared loaf pan or tube pan, well buttered and floured. Or lined with parchment
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 – 90 minutes or until skewer inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes, and remove from pan. Allow to cool on rack.