- Combine dry ingredients in bowl. Rub in butter with fingers or a pastry blender until it is about the consistency of small peas.
- Add buttermilk and stir with a fork just until a rough mixture forms.
- Remove from bowl to a lightly floured surface and knead gently a few times.
- Pat out dough to about ½ inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes/sizes and bake on a parchment covered baking sheet for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool until they are easy to touch.
This recipe is easy to adapt to either sweet or savoury applications by adding a little extra sugar or grated cheese and/or chopped herbs.