Cream cheese filling:
Beat cream cheese and sugar together until well combined. Add the egg and lemon rind. Combine thoroughly and set aside.
Combine sugars and flour and pour melted butter over. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt together in a small bowl.
- In mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time and mix well. Add vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream, beginning with 1/3 of the dry ingredients, ½ of the sour cream and repeat.
- Line the bottom of a 9” square dish with parchment, and butter the sides.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread cake mixture over the bottom of the baking dish. Scatter 1 cup of the blueberries over the top.
- Cover with the cream cheese mixture.
- Add remaining ½ cup blueberries over top.
- Sprinkle with the crumb mixture and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, and a skewer inserted near the center comes out clean.
- The cheese mixture may be just a bit ‘jiggly’ but will continue to cook as the cake cools.
- Cool on a rack for at least ½ hour before cutting.