Asparagus Soup with Spinach
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 large (very large) yellow cooking onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- about 1 lbs. asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 900 ml vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 500 ml water
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook for several minutes until the onion starts to turn translucent. Avoid browning.
- Add the celery and asparagus, salt and pepper. Let cook for a few minutes before adding the stock and water.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Stir in the spinach; it will wilt right away.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings if required.