Asparagus and Onion Frittata
- 1-1/2 tbspgrapeseed or olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced thinly across
- 6 to 8 spears of slender asparagus, cut into pieces about 3 inches long
- 6 eggs
- about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper (I confess, I didn’t measure)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes until they just start to take on some colour. Toss in the asparagus, and continue to fry the vegetables for about five minutes, stirring time to time and making sure the onions don’t get too dark.
- Use a fork to whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper in a small bowl, then pour into the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring a bit and ensuring the asparagus is fairly evenly distributed. Then put the pan in the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- When ready, the eggs will be cooked through but still moist. Cut into wedges and serve. This frittata would be a good choice for breakfast, or for lunch or dinner with a salad. Refrigerate any leftovers and enjoy the next day.