Apple, Pear, Fennel and Celery Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- 1 cup thinly sliced apple (about 1 medium apple)
- 1 cup thinly sliced pear (about 1 medium pear)
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery, stalks and leaves
- ½ lemon’s juice
- 2 cups baby arugula washed and dried
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup light- flavoured oil (grapeseed, avocado, peanut)
- few grinds of pepper
- Slice apple, pear, fennel and celery and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and toss.
- Put first 4 dressing ingredients in a bowl or jar with a lid and whisk or shake well. Add oil slowly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your own preferences.
- Just before serving, add arugula and dress with a few tbsp. of vinaigrette. You can garnish with maple glazed nuts or pumpkin seeds